Wednesday 22 April 2015

The Good Girl - Mary Kubica 2015 ****

 
I was recommended this thriller and found myself almost immediately becoming besotted with the writing and style. I took the book everywhere with me, and so it's not much of a surprise that I finished it within days. The pacing is exceedingly good, and apart from several dozen pages towards the end where the prose seemed to waffle on about I found it in general to be a pleasure to read.
The story is told from three points of view, and at times this can be confusing, but the more you read the more you fall into the rhythm of each character, getting used to their mannerisms and their points of view.
One evening, young and vivacious Mia goes out to a nightclub, there she meets a man named Colin and goes back to his place for a one night stand. From then on Mia is missing, and neither her family nor the police officer dealing with her case has a clue what has happened to her. But we find out, because very close to the beginning of the book Mia resurfaces, but the trouble is she has amnesia to the extent where she herself has no idea where she has been and who she has been with. The story goes from there.
Excellent, easy reading and I will be on the lookout for the next book by Mary Kubica.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment